Tuesday, April 10, 2012

WRUB #18: True Wruv Edition


So it turns out that A$AP Rocky loves Lana Del Rey because of her quote: "Swagga" and "Lips". Could anyone imagine if they actually hook up? The amount of attention these people crave is basically 2nd to none and they might do it for that fact alone. Any and all offspring they produce would be legally retarded in all the good states.

So now that I've insulted everyone, what are you listening to?

Alexander Borg (@HelloAlexxander): The musicianship exhibited on BADBADNOTGOOD's new album BBNG2 is absolutely magnificent. In sharp contrast to BBNG's bold take on jazz fusion, I've also been enjoying Gentlemen Jesse's sophomore album Leaving Atlanta and Tigercats' Isle of Dogs.

Austin K. (@AustinKirley): I, Austin, have been away from beloved internet, and have spent my time reading the wonderful Game of Thrones and replaying Fallout 3. Lettin' my nerd flag fly, bitchez.

Danny Spiteri (@dannyspiterijr): Linda Perhacs' stunning Parallelograms has me on a bit of a psych folk kick, and my long overdue first listen to Spiritualized's Ladies and Gentlemen We Are Floating in Space has my anticipation rising for their upcoming album. I also came to the realization that Broadcast's Tender Buttons is a personal classic.

Josh Custodio (@_allmyfriends): "SHES GOT STICKERS ON HER LOCKER / AND THE BOYS NUMBER THERE IN MAGIC MARKER". I'm just so glad Jacks back.

Kyle Shoemaker (@_Shoey): While most people are probably using the new Death Grips song "I've Seen Footage" to work out, I've found that it's an excellent sountrack to eating Oreos. Also, I've been listening to BBNG2... a lot.

Mark Gillis (@Mark__Gillis): The album I've listened to most this week is BBNG2 by BADBADNOTGOOD, it's an amazing piece of work. Besides that I've been listening to a lot of Dinosaur Jr. and I'm coming to realize that they might be only of my favourite bands ever.

Steve Jones (@vestenet): After an enjoyable Easter morning spent listening to them, I have added the creation of a Yellow Magic Orchestra tribute band to my list of life goals.  All interested parties should contact me.  Experience in producing electronic music is a plus, as I have none.

TJ Duane (@DallasShalDune): I've been watching old David Lynch movies, re-playing Baldur's Gate II, and delving into the Tom Waits discography. They've all been worthwhile ventures.

TTK (@TelepathicKid): I've been listening to the warm crackle of vinyl, with my new copies of Mount Kimbie's Crooks & Lovers, and The XX's self titled spinning non stop since I got them.

No comments:

Post a Comment